5 ways we can help with your project... 1. Click on the PDF icon on the right to get a free DIY Island Guide.
2. Save 50% of the cost by having us build a "ready to finish" island. The BBQ island will come shaped the way you want it, with the correct openings exactly where you want them. The structure will come fully covered with cement board and ready to finish with stucco, tile, granite, stone or practically any finish material you want to use!
3. Save 70% of the cost by having us frame the BBQ island structure; sized and shaped the way you want, with the correct openings exactly where you want them. You purchase and apply the cement board and the finish materials and you'll easily save up to 70%.
4. Free advice. Simply purchase your BBQ grill and equipment from us and we'll give you unlimited free advice while you build and/or finish your island. This can be done over the phone or in our shop from the guys who build hundreds of islands.
5. Free design assistance. Simply purchase your BBQ grill and equipment from us and we'll help you shape, size and layout the BBQ equipment absolutely free of charge.
3 Reasons We Build the Best Island
1. We only use tubular galvanized steel that is 1.5" x 1.5" in size. Not 1" x 1" or steel studs. The level of galvanization is very important. To last outside the level of galvanization should be at least 40......we use 60.
2. The island is welded, never screwed together. By welding the structure, not only is it stronger its perfectly flat for cement board attachment. With screw heads between the frame and the cement board; the finished island looks "wavy", not perfectly straight.
3. PermaBase is the cement board we use. It has a 10 year outdoor warranty and allows the screws to countersink which means no exposed screw heads after its installed. We only use 1/2" thick board, never 1/4".
Click on the PDF icon below to download our Do-It-Yourself Island Guide
1. Galvanized steel studs from Home Depot or Lowe's are designed for interior framing and are not made to last outside. Be sure to use exterior grade galvanized steel so it will stand up to the elements. Avoid using materials that may rust through in a few years.
2. Framing a BBQ island with wood studs is another common mistake. We have replaced enough islands after they've caught on fire that you should avoid using wood for the structure. Wood also warps over time and can start to "pop" the tile or stone finish material.
3. Galvanized steel studs will not hold up for a cantilevered extension. If you plan to include seating around a bartop, tubular steel is a much better choice.
4. Don't forget to use a paint primer every time you cut, screw, weld or cut the galvanized steel. It restores the integrity of the galvanization and prevents rust from gaining a foothold.
See What Others Think About Us click the button below
The BBQ Grill Outlet - Serving all of Orange County and San Diego including: Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Balboa Island, Balboa, Belmont Shores, Bixby Knolls, Brea, Buena Park, Corona del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto de Caza, Cypress, Dana Point, Dove Canyon, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Lido Island, Long Beach, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Monarch Beach, Naples, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Park Estates, Placentia, Portola, Rancho Santa Margarita, Rossmor, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Signal Hill, Stanton, Trabuco Canyon, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, Yorba Linda,
Park, Bonsall, Cardiff, Carlsbad, Carmel
Mountain Ranch, Carmel Valley, Clairemont, Crown Point, Del Mar, El
Cajon, Elfin Forest, Encinitas, Escondido, Fallbrook,
Imperial Beach, La Costa, La Jolla, Lake San Marcos, Leucadia, Mira Mesa, Mission
Beach, Mission Valley, Ocean Beach, Oceanside, Pauma
Valley, Point Loma, Poway, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penaquitos,
Rancho Santa Fe, Sabre Springs, San Luis Rey, San Diego, San Marcos, Santa
Ysabel, Santaluz, Santee, Scripps Ranch, Solana Beach, Temecula, Tierrasanta,
Torrey Highlands, Valley Center, Vista
The BBQ Grill Outlet’s Premium BBQ Grills, Islands & More 2760 S. Harbor Blvd. Ste E, Santa Ana CA 92704 714.540.5590